5 Reasons Pre-Arranging Your Funeral is Important
When a loved one dies, it is a challenging time in many ways. Mixed emotions of guilt, sadness, relief that they are no longer suffering, and responsibility can often affect your family’s decision-making process. Pre-planning a funeral allows you and your family to focus on grieving together without the added pressure of choosing funeral service and burial options.
With pre-arrangement, or pre-need planning, you select everything in advance. This includes the service, casket, location and even prayers or poems you’d like for a service. Making such plans can reduce the burden placed on grieving loved ones. We understand how difficult this talk with loved ones can be, but explaining your funeral wishes with your family can better prepare them.
Here are 5 key reasons to pre-arrange your funeral:
- Eliminates emotional over-spending at the time of death
- Could save you significant money as you lock into your funeral at today’s prices, so your loved ones don’t have increased costs over time
- If you ever need to move into assisted living or skilled nursing home, the costs for your funeral are taken care of
- If you decide to make any changes after the pre-arrangement is complete, you can easily make amendments
- Provides peace of mind, easing the burden for your family
Pre-planning a funeral involves the following:
- Free consultation with a professional funeral director
- Choosing a service that fits your faith and needs
- Selecting a casket or urn
- Preparing a document that can be used as a guide for your wishes
- Payment, which is placed in a trust
Some funeral homes do not guarantee their pre-arrangement pricing, but we do. The money is placed in an irrevocable trust. This means that interest accrues and is used to offset the costs due to inflation. If you ever change your mind, you can cancel or change your plans without any penalty. Please note, while we guarantee our prices for the funeral services, we cannot guarantee the cost of cemeteries, headstones, or obituaries, as we have no control over those charges.
We all know that life requires planning. With pre-arrangement, we guide you through funeral decisions at a time when you’re thinking clearly about your end-of-life wishes. Putting these plans in place provides a great gift to your family. They’ll feel comforted knowing your wishes are met.
Contact us to schedule a free pre-arrangement consultation. Our family of funeral counselors can provide you with all the options and costs so that you can carefully make the best decisions for you. Call us today at 215-927-5800.